There are roughly 6500 languages in the world. Now, on average, a person is most of the time familiar with only two languages, that is, he or she is bilingual.
What about those people who want to communicate with other people having different knowledge in different languages? Yes, you guessed it right. They need a translator.
Before taking up such a sophisticated word, let’s break it down by understanding what is translation. When words or text is changed from one language to another, it is known as translation. It comprises of decoding a foreign language into the local, regional or national language. It is done for the benefit, good interpretation and understanding of the people. And the person who translates is called a translator. The process of translation has been used by human beings for centuries and decades, even before the advent of written literature.
In the digital world, one can work from home online as a translator. If you are adept and top-notch in your respective language, you can be a translator as well. It’s as simple as that. You do not need dozens of degrees to be a translator.
So, if you have in-depth knowledge in any of your preferable languages, you have the opportunity to work from home online as a translator. This gets better and better as once you get involved and gain experience in the work of a translator, you will get access to a large segment of online jobs which includes online teaching, localization and interpretation. It gives you the opportunity to earn a good sum of money.
Some of the companies that recruit online translators :
- Acclaro- They hire professional, experienced translators and gives them the liberty to work from home as independent contractors.
- Appen- This company recruits professionals for the profile of transcription, interpretation and search evaluation.
- Apple at home advisors- Being a part of apple’s AppleCare department, it is the company’s work from home customer care unit.
- Google- They recruit translators who can evaluate the accuracy of google web and values the effectiveness of web layouts and information using an online tool. It is one of the biggest and well-known companies that generally recruit graduates who have fluency in their respective languages, including English as their primary language.
- Trip India- it is an Indian company that deals with the regional languages across India. Various durations like full time, part-time and contract-based are available. So one can work from home online according to their own fancy timings. It provides an opportunity to earn quite well and there are multiple topics to work on. So it will help you to polish your skills while you work. Learn while you earn.
- Wordlingo- They hires proofreaders, translators, editors, journalists and interpreters. For being a general translator, the minimum experience required is five years and a degree from a recognized institution.
People who want to work from home online and earn some extra bucks in the most convenient way possible, translation jobs are the best anyone can offer in today’s world.