Long gone are the days when people would pick up a book to enjoy a good read. Most books these days are online and kindle has a great platform, where books are published and purchased.
Many authors are now taking advantage of the Amazon Kindle Platform to make money by publishing books.
This blog post will serve as a guide to breaking down exactly how you can get started publishing e-books and making money online.
The book writing process
Here is the process you can follow to start writing your book.
- The first thing to do is to find a profitable niche for your kindle eBook. It is better to research before you actually start writing the books to get good ideas.
- Next analyze the profitability of your kindle book Idea. You can do this by checking if there is a market on Amazon for your book idea. A big mistake people do is to write a book without research and then the book doesn’t get sold.
- Once you’ve decided upon a niche for your Kindle book, the next step is to create a title and cover for your Kindle book. When it comes to creating a title, you want to make sure that you have the keyword for your niche in it.
- Finally, you write your Kindle e-book, or to hire someone to do it for you. If you’re a good writer and you enjoy writing, then it’s a good idea to write your own book. It’s not as difficult as you think,
Publish and Promote Your Kindle E-Book
To publish your Book you need to sign up for a KDP account. Go to Bookshelf, and click on ‘Add New Title” and then complete all the steps. It is quite straightforward. The main thing to concentrate on would be the book description. You need to spend time here to write up a really great one as that’s the first impression readers get.
Once published then Amazon handles the marketing and promotion of your book. They host your book online and deliver it to your customers. They handle all of the payment processing. They do most of the work for you. You need to try to get Amazon Reviews. If you have more, then more people will likely buy the book.
There are many ways in which you can market your E-book and get more reviews and more sales. Here are a few:
1. KDP Select Program
When you publish your book, you can enroll your book in the KDP Select Program. KDP Select is a program that Amazon offers that allows you to take advantage of a Free Promotion for your Kindle book, as well as the Kindle Countdown Deals. The promotion is a good way to market your book.
2. Kindle Countdown Deals
Kindle Countdown Deals allows you to offer a discount on your Kindle book for a period of time. This can help your book get noticed and generate sales. Your Kindle book must be in KDP Select to take advantage of this deal.
3. Submitting Your Kindle Book To Websites
There are lots of websites that you can submit your Kindle book to for free.The more exposure you can get for your book, the better.
4. Promoting Your Book On Social Media
There are many groups on Facebook that kindle readers can join and download new Kindle Books. These groups can be used to promote your book.
The more popular you book becomes, the more people will buy it and result in higher sales for you.
How do you make the money?
Once you have written, published and marketed your book, KDP provides two royalty options of 35% and 75%. Whatever royalty options your book falls under, is the amount you will be paid for each sale. That is how you can make money from the Kindle E-books.